Do you want to clean your window blinds? This blog is for you! It discusses easy steps to remove dust and grime from blinds effortlessly.
If you’ve considered blind cleaning during house cleaning in Huntington Beach a stressful activity, you should know that it doesn’t have to be a difficult chore. You can learn how to clean your blinds to keep them sparkling with a little effort and some basic household cleaner.
There are numerous ways to clean your blinds, just as there are multiple types of blinds when you do housekeeping. Find out how to quickly and effectively clean the blinds hanging in your home.
Venetian (Horizontal) Blinds Cleaning Instructions:
For materials like vinyl, this method works well. If you have wooden or cloth blinds, use a more specific technique described later in our list.
- Before you start with deep cleaning, close the blinds to give yourself a flat working surface.
- Use a microfiber duster or a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to sweep the blinds.
- If your blinds (those are not made of wood) are very filthy, you should clean them with a microfiber cloth or a clean sock dipped in a combination of warm water, vinegar, and a small amount of dish soap, diluted 1:1. Skip this step if you want to avoid getting your wooden blinds wet.
- Check each slat after rinsing the sock in warm water.
- If the blinds are still unclean, soak them in a bathtub with warm water, half a cup of vinegar, and half a cup of baking soda.
- Let the blinds for one to two hours soak.
- Wash the blinds with clean water.
- Then, gently dry with a clean towel before rehanging the blinds.
Vertical Blinds Cleaning Instructions:
- Close the blinds.
- To stabilize the blinds, grasp their bottoms.
- Use the correct cleaner to make your work easy and efficient.
- Use a microfiber towel to wipe each blind down (if the dry cloth doesn’t remove the filth, dampen it with warm water first).
- Use a microfiber cloth dipped in warm water, vinegar, and a small amount of dish soap to clean particularly grimy blinds (do not get wooden blinds wet).
- Wipe each blind down while moving downward.
- After washing the cloth in warm water, check each blind.
Wood Blinds Cleaning Instructions:
- In housekeeping, it can be challenging to keep wooden blinds from getting damp to prevent warping or other damage. The most effective practice is as follows:
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to clean the blinds.
- Use a damp (not wet) cloth to remove any remaining dirt.
Yellowed or Discolored Blinds Cleaning Instructions:
Blinds that is made of aluminum or plastic that have faded or become yellow from the sun can frequently revive with a bleach soak. Try this deep cleaning method:
- Add three cups of liquid bleach as a cleaner to three cups of cold water in your bathtub.
- Put on safety gloves and soak the blinds for ten minutes.
- Wash the blinds with warm water.
- Dry the blinds by hanging them.
Advice for Preventing Blind Damage
- To maintain stability while deep cleaning, hold the bottom of the blinds.
- Before wet blinds or soaking them in water, read the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions to prevent damage and perhaps void the warranty.
- Avoid getting wooden blinds wet because this could lead to warping and other issues.
- When in doubt, test a cleaner or technique on a small inconspicuous area before applying it to your blinds.
Deep cleaning requires dedication, but you don’t have to do it by yourself (or willpower) if you’re busy. Your blinds and the rest of your home may stay spotless by hiring a weekly or monthly house cleaning in Huntington Beach. We got your back on How to Clean Window Blinds.