No matter how many times we go around and check, there will always be a certain place in the house that is often forgotten when we do house cleaning. It would often go unnoticed, until you accidently got fronted with it – gang of dust bunnies underneath the couch, leaking water tray under the refrigerator, dusts settling down on some furniture.
Needless to say, there will always be areas that won’t eventually go to our minds when we decide to go general house cleaning. So let this guide help you recall the areas that are often not part of your regular chores but still needed to get cleaned to keep the house a better and comfortable place to live in.
Places that are commonly forgotten when House Cleaning
Here are some of the places that you might have forgotten to include in your list of places to clean around the house:
- Behind the refrigerator Not because you don’t see it, it doesn’t mean that there’s nothing going on behind your refrigerator. Once a month, it’s good to remove the refrigerator from the wall and clean it. Remove the dust and dirt from the ventilation system, sweep the crumbs of the floor, and keep clean the water tray that has left your refrigerator with that sticky smell.
- Trash containers When was the last time you gave those trash containers a good cleaning? It’s ironic how these containers have been tasked to keep all the wastes of the house to keep it clean but at the same time often neglected. Garbage cans should be cleaned periodically so that the smell of whatever you’ve thrown in it won’t stick around. Give it a rinse and clean it with soap and water. To prevent flies and maggots from breeding in your trash bins, you may also give it a small amount of bleach from time to time.
- Shower curtains Not because the shower curtain gets soaped and all wet when you take a bath, it already means it’s clean. Remember that moist areas are favorite places of mold and mildew. Washing the shower curtain is as easy as one-two-three. Simply put it in the washing machine for a short cycle and then hang it to dry. Doing this once a week to keep it good as brand new.
- Back of your Smart TV For sure, you’ve been watching television for quite some time, but when was the last time you took time to check and clean the back of your smart tv? Never, right? Remember that electronics can be a good host to dusts. So better clean up the back of your television. You might as well arrange and fix those loose cords the same time.
- Lampshades Yes. You have to clean those lampshades no matter how seemingly clean they look like. Lampshades are dust magnets so better find time to clean them before they totally covered with dusts. No worries though because there’s no need for you to scrub them. All you have to do is to use a lint roller or wipe the surface with dry microfiber cloth. You may also combine few drops of mild dishwashing liquid with warm water to easily rub off the dirt and dusts.