We may admit it or not but for the amount of time that we stay in our beds, we’re not even probably washing them enough. Experts state that we should have House Cleaning and change our beddings every two weeks. But of course, it depends upon the type of sheets that you have, your overall health and hygiene condition, and the time of the year.
Our House Cleaning San Diego team researched for some ways on how to clean and disinfect your sheets. So get ready to have cleaner sheets, a peaceful mind from House Cleaning, and comfortable sleep.
Tips Before Sanitizing Beddings
- Read and follow the directions according to the labels of your laundry items and detergent.
- Use a normal laundry detergent depending on your washing machine instructions.
- Dry it depending on the warmest temperatures applicable on the labels of your bedding.
Use House Cleaning Protective Gears
Grab your mask and cover your face from dirt, dust, and contaminants. Also, use gloves to have protection from any unknown and unseen particles in your beddings. It’s better to be proactive than to regret it in the end. You should also do this when doing any House Cleaning task
Some items cannot be machine-washed so you should be patient and start hand-washing them. Items like delicate comforters, outside of the pillows, and other items are just the example of the items that should not be machine-washed. When doing this, use a mild laundry detergent and warm water. Also, remember to avoid soaking it through all the layers of the bedding.
For non washable items, have this tip from our House Cleaning San Diego team. First, grab a gallon of water and 1/4 cup of bleach. The next thing to do is to mix both. In a spray bottle, fill the bleach solution in it. Spray the surfaces of the unwashable items using the solution and allow them to air-dry after.
Using hot water and a mild laundry detergent, machine-wash all the items that can be washed. If your fabrics are bleach safe, add bleach depending on what is directed on your House Cleaning product’s label. After that, dry your bedding on the highest dryer setting.
Basic Tips For You Shared by our House Cleaning San Diego Pros
- If your beddings have body fluids, stool, and blood on them, immediately add it to your House Cleaning to-do by removing and washing it.
- Keep a hamper in your entryway so when you need to change for your beddings it won’t scatter all around the room.
- When handling dirty beddings, use gloves, and a mask. When you’re using reusable gloves and masks, make sure not to use them in other House Cleaning chores. When you remove your gloves, immediately wash your hand for about 20 seconds with soap.
- Have your clothes washed and dried at a temperature of 100 to 140 degrees for at least 30 minutes to make sure that it kills germs sufficiently.