An Easy Laundry Room Cleaning Checklist
The following article will give tips on how to clean your laundry room quickly and efficiently so that you can keep it fresh, safe, and clean.
Deep cleaning your entire laundry room will keep it looking and smelling fresh, plus it’ll make your appliances safer and more effective to use. You or your maid can thoroughly deep clean your laundry area by following this easy guide, or you can just hire services in-house cleaning in Fountain Valley.
Maintaining a clean laundry room involves several steps:
Prepare Your Laundry Room for Cleaning
Remove the contents of the cabinets and shelves to make a place for cleaning before starting any deep cleaning efforts in your laundry room. Then, assemble all the necessary cleaning equipment or cleaners, including a mop, white vinegar, clean cloths, dish soap, and baking soda.
If you don’t have a dryer lint brush, buying one can make cleaning your dryer easier. A vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment is another essential tool. You or your maid may clean the dryer vent by extending a hose behind and under your appliances. If the vacuum you have now lacks a hose, you might want to consider renting or buying a shop vacuum.
Deep Clean Your Laundry Room
Although there are many processes to manage, deep cleaning your laundry room can be simple. To ensure that you maximize every square inch of your laundry room, this guide divides each aspect of the room into separate steps.
Dust the Room
Reduce the dust in the laundry area before you do the deep cleaning. Your laundry room should be well-dusted. Using a dust mop or vacuum hose to remove cobwebs and dust bunnies, start in a corner and go from one side to the other. Dust on, behind, and under the washer and dryer, light fixtures, vents, shelves, windows, molding, baseboards, and ceiling fan blades.
Clean Your Washing Machine
Because it is regularly used and has been washed with soap and water, you or your maid might assume that your washing machine is clean. However, sanitizing it can eliminate odors and accumulated soap scum and safeguard your pipes. Deep cleaning your washer can help it works efficiently. To do it properly, follow these steps:
- Run a sanitizing load: Use two cups of white vinegar as your cleaner and run an empty machine through a standard hot water cycle.
- Clean your washer: Use a clean cloth to scour the washer with vinegar solution into one part of the water.
- Run a rinse cycle: Run another process with just hot water and one cup of baking soda.
- Wipe down the exterior: Vacuum any dust from behind or under the machine after wiping down the top and sides with a clean, damp cloth and mild soap.
Clean Your Dryer
Lint can make it more difficult for your dryer to operate and, if left unattended, can provide a significant fire risk. Tiny lint particles, however, can accumulate in other areas of your dryer, even if you frequently empty the lint screen. You or your maid can follow these instructions for your dryer’s deep cleaning:
- The lint screen needs to be removed, the lint or wax should be removed from it, thrown away, and the screen should be washed in a sink so any residues are removed.
- Clean the lint trap opening by using a vacuum cleaner. Repeat the process until there is no more lint.
- Perform a safety check for your dryer by disconnecting it and releasing the wall-mounted clamp holding the exhaust vent in place. Remove any lint you find from both the vent and the wall duct. Consider hiring a local expert dryer vent cleaner for this step if you don’t know how to clean it.
- We have created this guide to help you remove ink and stains from your dryer by following our instructions.
- Deep cleaning the interior involves wiping down the dryer’s interior walls using a clean cloth dipped in white vinegar. To reduce odors, dry the material using a standard dry cycle.
Clean Laundry Baskets and Hampers
The reason that hampers become dirty naturally is that they contain soiled clothes by design. Cleaning plastic hampers requires a moist cloth and a cleaning solution, whereas cleaning hardwood hampers with baking soda before vacuuming is recommended. The fabric hampers should be washed in the washing machine per the tag’s instructions.
Using a few tools and common cleaners, you can clean your laundry room in a few hours. However, if you don’t have much time and your laundry room requires a deep clean, the cost of hiring reputable services in house cleaning in Fountain Valley is worth it.