Shower curtains and shower curtain liners that are soiled or old do not usually need to be thrown away and replaced, according to the House Cleaning pros of Irvine. They may be cleaned and returned to like-new condition in a short period of time, saving you both money and time on those infrequent House Cleaning jobs. All you have to do is follow these shower curtain cleaning instructions!
Cleaning a Fabric Shower Curtain
When it comes to House Cleaning practices like washing, a cloth shower curtain demands a little more care than a plastic curtain liner.
- Remove the rings from your shower curtain to prepare for the House Cleaning method.
- Fill your washing machine halfway with warm water and set it to the highest load setting.
- A cup of white vinegar and a few drops of detergent are added to the mix.
- In a mild setting, toss in your fabric shower curtain.
- Hang your curtain back on the rod to air dry once the cycle is finished.
How to Care for a Plastic Shower Curtain
The House Cleaning experts of Irvine instructed you to add a half cup of color-safe bleach, detergent, vinegar, or baking soda to your washing cycle and a few towels on a cool setting to wash a plastic shower curtain. Make sure not to mix any of these House Cleaning products because they may react with one another. If you want to kill mold spores or eliminate mildew, we propose bleach as a House Cleaning agent for this job. Hang your plastic curtain to dry after washing.
What is the Most Effective Method for Cleaning a Shower Curtain Liner?
- Take the curtain down and throw it in the washer.
- Scrub the shower liner with the help of a bath towel.
- To avoid damaging the liner, make sure it’s in a mild setting.
- The shower curtain liner should be hung to dry.
This House Cleaning procedure aids in the removal of any built-up mold or mildew, which is prevalent on shower curtain liners that are exposed to moisture and heat regularly. Following this House Cleaning advice will save you about $20 – or the cost of a new shower curtain liner – and will improve the overall appearance of your shower.
Shower Curtain Rings: How to Clean Them
The House Cleaning advisers of Irvine advise you to take advantage of the opportunity to clean your shower curtain rings while your shower curtain or curtain liner is being washed. Shower curtain rings are constantly exposed to steam, soap scum, and dust, and they can become quite filthy.
Fill your bathroom sink halfway with hot water and half a cup of white vinegar. While your curtain is being washed, soak your jewelry. Drain the sink and rinse the rings in warm water, scraping off any remaining limescale or soap scum with your fingers.