Having pets is fantastic. They become a part of our families. The sense of companionship and comfort they give doesn’t only reduce our stress levels. They become a part of our everyday lives, our House Cleaning routines. Because, unlike humans, animals aren’t capable of thinking about where to deposit their litter. Well, unless you had the time to potty-train them. Still, accidents happen despite them being trained.
Without a doubt, you love your pets. But they all have their fair share of a mess sometimes. Cleaning up after our pets is one of the downsides of having them around. But, since you love your carpets too, you can choose between a pet or a carpet, or you allow them to coexist instead. The key is, knowing a few ways to remove pet stains with the help of House Cleaning experts in Irvine.
House cleaning tip for pet stains on carpets.
1. Get rid of the mess as soon as possible.
- For urine: A rag, paper towel, or an old newspaper is best to absorb the urine fast. Absorb as much liquid as you can.
- For solids: Carefully remove the mess from the carpet
2. Mixing House Cleaning Irvine’s go-to house cleaning favorites, vinegar, and water into a 1:1 ratio, spray solution onto the stain.
3. Work your way inwards towards the stain by blotting a white cloth onto the surface. Blot, not scrub. Scrubbing might only cause the stain and the smell to spread, damage your carpet fabrics, or cause discoloration.
4. Rinse the solution off with water. Spray, not pour. Again, blot up with paper or cloth until the surface is dry. As much as possible, do not blow dry or steam dry as it might set the stain and odor.
House cleaning tip for pet stains on the hardwood.
1. Vinegar, when mixed with another universal house cleaning product, baking soda, is super. Vinegar will take charge of the odor, and baking soda will soak up the fluids left in the stain. Mix to form a paste.
2. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave it to dry. Do not leave it on for so long as it may damage the hardwood flooring.
3. Once completely dry, wipe off the remaining paste and vacuum the area.
House cleaning tip for pet stains on concrete.
1. The diluted muriatic acid solution – mix muriatic acid with water, with a ratio of 1:10.
2. Spray the acid solution onto the stained surface and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. After, rinse the area with water to further neutralize it.
4. The acid works very well on concrete and is one of the best concrete cleaners.
5. Remember, though, to keep acid off your skin. Wear gloves and use a scrubbing brush with a long handle.
Whatever applies to you, surely these tips from House Cleaning Irvine will come in handy. Disclaimer: Always check with your manufacturer or spot check first before applying any of these solutions.