What are scuff marks? Anything that has hard rubber underneath, when it hits any flooring surface – causes scuff marks. And they are very common. We cause scuff marks: heels, rubber soles of shoes, ladders, furniture legs, and so on. Simply by moving or dragging around furniture when House Cleaning can scuff your floors.
What you should do depends on the kind of flooring you have, says the House Cleaning experts in Los Angeles. Take a look at these House Cleaning solutions to each type of floor and get that spotless appearance back. Those shoes look good on you, walk on them and worry about your flooring no more.
How to remove scuff marks from hardwood floors?
• Eraser – Probably the most straightforward House Cleaning tip you’ll get. Go over your kid’s bag, and you’ll see a rubber eraser in their pencil case. Use that to erase the mark.
• Tennis Ball – Not all homes do have tennis balls. But, tennis balls are a House Cleaning go-to tool against scuff marks. Using a dirty tennis ball, though, will worsen your floor situation. So, make sure you use a clean one.
- Make a hole in the tennis ball and cut a small “X.”
- Attach it to your broom’s handle
- Rub onto the scuff mark until it’s no longer visible
How to remove scuff marks from laminate floors?
• Baking soda and water paste – This is a House Cleaning hack from Los Angeles’ go-to cleaning solution.
- Gradually put water over baking soda to achieve a paste-like consistency.
- Using a clean cloth, preferably microfiber, gently scrub the mixture onto the mark until it is no longer visible.
- Get rid of the paste residue using a damp cloth.
- Wipe dry with a clean cloth
• Vinegar, warm water, and rubbing alcohol – Keeping this solution in a spray bottle may come in handy to instantly clean up after spills, stains, and scuff marks.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar, water, and rubbing alcohol and move it to a spray bottle.
- Spritz around.
- Use a dry cloth for application onto the scuff mark.
How to remove scuff marks from vinyl or linoleum floors?
• Magic eraser – A House Cleaning favorite. It works like magic!
- Moisten a clean magic eraser and wring out excess water
- Gently scrub off the scuff mark
• Baby oil – An alternative solvent for this is WD-40. But, you might want to try the baby oil trick first.
- Allow a few drops of baby oil to sit for 5 to 10 minutes to the scuff mark
- Using a clean and dry cloth, wipe the oil away, and your scuff mark should’ve gone away too
The House Cleaning Los Angeles team suggests doing House Cleaning regularly. Sweeping or vacuuming daily will remove unnecessary debris sitting on the floor; that, when in contact with the floor, may cause a scuff mark. Remember this: the longer residue, stain, or dirt stays, the more challenging it is to be removed and cleaned.