A range of environmental factors might aggravate asthma or allergy symptoms. These can be “triggers,” and your doctor can assist you in determining what your child’s triggers are. Sacramento Maid Service says, dust mites are a frequent allergen for many children.
What Exactly Are Dust Mites?
Sacramento house cleaning professional experts explain, dust mites are tiny insects that dwell in beds, couches, carpets, and other types of cloth.
They feed on skin cells shed by humans. They’re notably common in upholstered furniture, some types of bedding, and carpets. Bedrooms often have the largest concentration of dust mites in the home.
Sacramento Maid Service will help us protect our kids from this matter.
How Can I Assist My Child in Dealing With Them?
- Vacuum and dust your home frequently (at least once a week), especially your child’s bedroom. Use a vacuum with a specific small-pore filter bag or purchase a vacuum with a HEPA filter. To avoid spreading dust mite particles in the air, dust with a moist cloth, said House Cleaning experts.
- Avoid using a feather or down pillows or comforters and instead, go for bedding made of synthetic materials, House Cleaning experts suggested.
- Sheets should be cleansed or changed at least once a week. All of your child’s bedding should be washed in hot water (above 130oF or 54.4oC) and dried on high heat. Use mite-proof coverings on mattresses, pillows, and box springs. Keep the covers clean by wiping them down regularly, House Cleaning experts added.
- If vacuuming with a HEPA filter isn’t alleviating your child’s symptoms, House Cleaning professionals advise removing any carpeting, particularly wall-to-wall carpeting, from their bedroom and other areas where they spend a lot of time. If you have washable area rugs, make sure to wash them once a week in hot water. Examine the window coverings in your child’s room to check whether they are easily washable or cleanable.
- Avoid blinds, which have many horizontal surfaces that collect dust. As well as drapes with many folds that must be dry cleaned.
- According to House Cleaning professionals, clean all window coverings regularly.
- Upholstered furniture and pillows are not advisable to use.
- Get rid of the clutter. Items that collect dust, such as knickknacks, picture frames, and plants, should be removed.
- Most of your child’s books should be kept in a location other than their bedroom or playroom.
- Limit your child’s plush animal collection to a few. Soft toys that your child cannot live without should be washed often in hot water (provided they do not contain batteries) and dried on the highest setting on your dryer. You may also store these toys in a plastic bag and freeze them for at least 5 hours or overnight. According to House Cleaning experts (dust mites cannot survive more than 5 hours of freezing temperatures).
Sacramento Cleaning Services explains that it’s critical to take precautions to avoid allergies in this space because adults spend one-third of their time in their bedrooms and children spend half of their time there