Choosing a sofa can cause a lot of confusion. Considering the space of your house, your interior’s colors, the material, the cost of course, and its durability. On top of that, you have to look at House Cleaning requirements, too. Now, “What should I get on the fabric sofa or the leather couch?”. You are lucky if you got fabric sofas. In this article, House Cleaning Sacramento will give tips on How to Clean a Fabric sofa.
Regular House Cleaning:
- Brush it off! Get rid of crumbs and dust off the sofa. House Cleaning can be stress free if we just know how to do things properly. Do not forget the in-betweens, as it is where it will be the most filthy. Since the material is fabric, opt for a dry cloth, and start doing this tip. To avoid discoloration, go for a white cloth as colored ones may soak into the fabric of the sofa.
- Use a lint roller. Some fabrics easily stick to hair, lint, and dust. Using a lint roller easily detaches debris off of your couch. Now, House Cleaning seems easy!
- Get rid of it ASAP (as soon as possible). Stains and spills should be cleaned immediately as soon as it occurs. Leaving it on your sofa for a long time allows further penetration in the fabric which makes it hard for you to clean in the later weeks.
Deep House Cleaning:
- Steam it! Your carpet cleaner may come in handy when doing this. First, ensure to vacuum the sides and in-between the cushions. With a detergent of your choice, fill it in the machine as we are about to shampoo your sofa. If you are unsure of the cleaning solution or if this is your first time shampooing your carpet, spot check first to see its reaction. Only put back the shampooed cushions once completely dry. House Cleaning Sacramento recommends taking advantage of the sun to freshen your cushion. It does not only kill dust mites but also gets rid of any unwanted odor.
- The magic of baking soda. Your sofa doesn’t only need a cleanup, it also needs to be freshened up. Sprinkling baking soda all over your couch can help remove the smell. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes, and vacuum the couch after.
Know how to read cleaning tags:
- W – Cleaning agent should only be water-based. Using tap water is also discouraged as it may cause fading.
- S – Do not use water! Opt for water-free cleaning solvents.
- S/W – Either water-based or dry-cleaning products may be used.
- X – Not your ideal DIY job. Have it done professionally or just vacuum. No House Cleaning agents are allowed.
We all are couch potatoes. Doing nothing in pajamas and lying all day on the couch seems to be the best way to spend the weekend. Which is why sofas need to be cleaned often as it is used, basically every single day. Without House Cleaning, you are allowing bacteria and dirt to join your movie bonding with your family. Hope this helps!