Imagine looking for headache relief late at night, when pharmacies near you are already closed, only to find packets of expired pills in your medicine cabinet. That’s a hassle. And Proper House Cleaning can solve this problem.
When House Cleaning, your bathroom will probably be the last thing on your mind to organize. Who organizes their bathroom and what do you need to organize there, right? Mostly, your bathroom is where you normally keep your medicine cabinets. Little do you know, this should be your priority for decluttering as it will help you a lot, or probably save you in cases of emergency.
Learn more about organizing your bathroom medicine cabinet by reading through House Cleaning San Diego’s guide.
- First, empty it. You probably can’t remember the last time you did your House Cleaning in that area. Give it a good wipe… doors, hinges, shelves.
- Sort everything out. Now’s the best time to take a careful look at the expiration dates. Discard all prescription bottles and pills that are already expired as they may become hazardous when mistakenly swallowed. If no expiry date is indicated, and the medicine has changed its color and smell, get rid of it, too.
- Invest in see-through containers. Medicine cabinets are usually elevated. Reaching through and having to open every container is a lot of work. Knowing ahead what’s inside each container is a must.
- Pill organizers. Seldom would you see medicine cabinets that are big enough to hold all of your medical supplies? Using a pill organizer for your daily maintenance not only reminds you of your missed intake but also saves space.
- Know where to put what. Why would you put your daily vitamins on the uppermost shelf and that pill for toothache in front and the middle? Transfer the occasional medicines up and keep those frequently-used medicines within reach.
- If you don’t have an existing medicine cabinet yet, House Cleaning San Diego highly recommends a metal-made cabinet. Metals and magnets are like vinegar and baking soda in House Cleaning… they work perfectly together! Magnetic containers are available for purchase anywhere and you won’t believe how much space it can give when you see that your medicine cabinet is already full and everything’s piling up.
House Cleaning experts say, keeping your medicines at home could save you time instead of going to pharmacies. Just like food, medicines don’t work well after their expiration. Remember to keep it away from heat and include it in your monthly House Cleaning routine. Prioritize safety and remember to keep it out of sight and reach of small kids. Happy Organizing!