Terms of Service
Terms of Service
If you book a cleaning with Maggy Maid, you agree to our following Terms of Service. Maggy Maid is a house cleaning referral agency. The Service Providers we refer are domestic workers. Maggy Maid takes pride in referring reliable, experienced and hard-working Service Providers. Please check back on this page, as these terms may update without us notifying you. If you have any questions regarding these terms, please email or call us and we will be happy to explain them in further detail.
Service Providers are free from Maggy Maid’s direction and control both under the contract for the performance of the work and in fact; that Service Providers perform work that is outside of the Maggy Maid referral agency business. Service Providers are customarily engaged in the independently established occupation of housekeeping.
Last updated: April 1, 2022
- Referral Service: All Housekeepers undergo a thorough background screening prior to being referred to Client and Agency will verify the Housekeeper’s legal status and work authorization prior to being referred to Client in accordance with procedures established under Federal law.
- Payment: Payment is due at the time service is scheduled. Client may provide Agency with a valid credit card to keep on file for billing. Client is responsible for and agrees to pay Agency for the full cost of Client’s requested services. The referral fee charged by Agency for its services shall be reasonable, negotiable and based on a fixed percentage of the service cost per the Agency’s established fee schedule. Client agrees to pay Agency a Referral Fee for as long as Client continues to engage or otherwise utilize the Housekeeper’s services. Client shall pay Agency a service charge of $35 in the event Client’s payment is returned by the institution on which it is drawn for any reason.
- Cancellation: Failure to notify Agency twenty-four (24) hours in advance of cancellation of any requested service will result in a $80 cancellation fee charged for the scheduled visit.
- Parking: Please provide parking convenience for Service Providers. An appointment will be considered “cancelled” and the $80 cancellation fee will be applied if Service Providers have to leave due to parking inconvenience.
- Arriving window: There is a 1-2 hour window of arrival for the Service Providers. Based on many factors, such as traffic, finding new homes, finding parking, bringing in equipment and navigating from one home to another, we cannot guarantee exact arrival times. The Service Providers try their best to arrive towards the beginning of the arrival window. If they need an arrival adjustment, we will notify the customer.
- Lock Out or No-Show: It is the responsibility of Client to ensure access for cleaning. If Client is not available or other access arrangements have not been made and the Housekeeper is unable to enter, there will be a $80 lock-out charge.
- Walk-through Required: All first time customers will be informed to have initial and final walk through on their first appointment. This is to ensure a satisfactory service. If walk through has been excused for any reasons, agency will not issue any refund or free touchup. The final walk-through releases Maggy Maid and the Service Providers from any claims for that service. If Agency is contacted after completion of the service, all additional housekeeping services will be subject to standard charges, on a case-by-case basis.
- Direct Hiring Prohibited: Client agrees not to directly engage the services of any referred Housekeeper during the term of this Agreement and for a period of nine (9) months after termination of services without informing Agency of the scheduled services. Should services commence or additional services be provided without informing Agency, Client agrees to pay Agency $1,200 as a finder’s fee.
- Performance of Services: The Housekeeper represents that he/she possesses the qualifications, ability and experience to perform all services requested by and rendered to Client without the advice, control or supervision of Agency. The Housekeeper shall be solely responsible for satisfactory performance of services to be rendered to Client. In the event Client communicates a complaint regarding the quality of services rendered or work performed, breakage, theft, or any other problem occurring while the Housekeeper rendered service, it is the sole responsibility of the Housekeeper to resolve the problem directly with Client. If any such complaints or concerns are received by Agency, Agency agrees to promptly inform the Housekeepers o he or she may resolve the matter directly with Client. Agency shall not be liable, and Client agrees to indemnify Agency from and against any claims, losses, costs, fees, liabilities, damages, or other injuries that arise as a result of the Housekeeper’s actions or unsatisfactory performance.
- Independent Domestic Worker: Agency is not the employer of the domestic worker referred to Client. Client acknowledges that she or he may have employer responsibilities depending upon the nature of the professional relationship established with the referred Housekeeper and thus, may be liable for payment of State and/or Federal employment taxes incurred during and throughout the course of the engagement. In addition, Client acknowledges that Agency shall not be liable, and Client agrees to indemnify Agency from and against any claims, losses, costs, fees, liabilities, damages, or injuries arising out of Client’s failure to pay any such taxes.
- Acceptance of Terms: Client understands and agrees that Client’s engagement or utilization of the services of a Housekeeper referred by Agency will constitute Client’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement even if Client does not return this executed Agreement to Agency.
- Termination: Client reserves the right to replace or terminate the Housekeeper for any reason.
- Attorney’s Fees: Client agrees to pay all reasonable costs, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees incurred by the Agency to enforce any provision in this Agreement.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The State of California. Any action or proceeding commenced regarding this Agreement or the subjects herein shall be brought in County, California.
- Consent for Use of Electronic Signatures: This Agreement may be executed by original, facsimile, and electronic signatures, each of which when affixed shall be deemed to be an original that is enforceable against the executing party.
Our goal is to provide a reliable domestic referral, so you can sit back and relax when you book with us.
Maggy Maid is not the employer of the domestic worker it referred to you. The domestic worker may be your employee or an independent contractor depending on the relationship you have with him or her. If you direct and control the manner and means by which the domestic worker performs his or her work you may have employer responsibilities, including employment taxes and workers’ compensation, under state and federal law. For additional information contact your local Employment Development Department and the Internal Revenue Service.